Simple and healthy tomato beef stew with spinach
Published on November 28, 2014 | By Not just olive oil |
- Difficulty Level Advanced
- 1kg/2lb organic beef, chuck or round, cut in stew sized pieces
- 3 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1kg/2lb spinach leaves, cleaned and coarsely chopped
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, pepper
- 1. In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- 2. Brown the meat on all sides.
- 3. Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper and 3 cups water.
- 4. Reduce heat to medium and cook for about 1 hour, until meat is tender.
- 5. Add the spinach. Gently stir in until the spinach begins to wilt. Continue to cook for another 30 minutes.
- 6. Set aside to cool for 15 or 20 minutes before serving.