Pears and gruyere salad
Published on April 7, 2015 | By Not just olive oil |
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 3 pears
- 400g/140z mixed green salad leaves
- 50g/2oz hazelnuts/walnuts, roasted and coarsely chopped
- 200g/7oz gruyere cheese, or emmenthal, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Prepare vinaigrette: whisk all the vinaigrette ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- 2. Toss salad leaves, hazelnuts and vinaigrette in a large bowl.
- 3. Wash, core and slice the pears.
- 4. Arrange the pears on a large platter or divide among 4 individual plates.
- 5. Place the salad greens over the pears and garnish with the cheese slices.