Parmesan flavored vegetable soup
Published on November 28, 2014 | By Not just olive oil |
- Difficulty Level Begginer
- 450g/1lb ripe plum tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 450g/1lb zucchini (courgette), cubed
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 4 tbsp. fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 organic vegetable cube, dissolved in 5 cups of water
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, freshly ground black pepper
- 1. In a large pot, heat oil over medium/high heat. Add the chopped onion.
- 2. Sautee the onion for a few minutes until transparent but not browned.
- 3. Add tomato paste, plum tomatoes, zucchini, potatoes and garlic.
- 4. Cook for about 10 minutes uncovered, while gently stirring.
- 5. Add the vegetable stock.
- 6. Simmer over low heat, partially covered, for 15 minutes or until vegetables soften. If soup thickens before vegetables are done, add more vegetable stock.
- 7. Remove pot from heat.
- 8. Add fresh basil and half of the parmesan cheese.
- 9. Serve hot, sprinkled with the rest of the parmesan and crusty bread and a glass of Zinfandel wine.