Pan grilled vegetable salad with balsamic dressing
Published on November 27, 2014 | By Not just olive oil |
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 2 medium sized green peppers
- 2 medium sized red bell peppers
- 2 medium sized yellow peppers
- 1 large red onion
- 2 medium sized zucchini
- 4 medium sized eggplants
- (any of these vegetables can be substituted for any in-season vegetable)
- Balsamic dressing:
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic, finely minced and crushed
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Combine all ingredients and whisk until well blended
- 1. Cut all the peppers in half. Remove seeds and cut in thick slices.
- 2. Cut the red onion into eight pieces.
- 3. Cut the zucchini and eggplants lengthwise in thin slices.
- 4. Heat a large grilling pan on medium/high and then lightly brush with very little olive oil.
- 5. Cook/grill in the hot pan until softened. If pan is not large enough, then grill vegetables in batches.
- 6. Place in a large bowl. Add the dressing and mix well.
- 7. Can be served warm or cold with crusty bread.
- 8. Note: delicious as a sandwich filling for lunch at the office