Lobster or Shrimp Spaghetti
Published on November 27, 2014 | By Not just olive oil |
- Difficulty Level Advanced
- 2 lobsters – approx. 600g/ 1½ lb each, cooked for 10 minutes and shelled (can substitute with same quantity of large shrimp or crayfish, grilled or sauteed with the shell for 3 minutes)
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 900g/2 lb ripe tomatoes, grated or peeled and very finely chopped
- 1 organic vegetable cube (optional)
- 1/2 cup cognac
- 3 tbsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 500g/1lb spaghetti or linguine
- Sea salt, freshly ground black pepper
- Garnish: fresh parsley, finely chopped and 1 lemon, quartered
- 1. Heat the olive oil in a wide saucepan on medium heat.
- 2. Add the shallot and cook over low heat until softened.
- 3. Add garlic and continue to cook for 2 more minutes until fragrant but not browned.
- 4. Add the cognac and the vegetable cube. Reduce to half.
- 5. Add the grated tomatoes and simmer on medium/low heat until the sauce is thickened, about 30 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper
- 6. Finally, add the lobster meat, (bite size pieces) and the fresh basil. Set aside.
- 7. Cook pasta in boiling salted water until almost “al-dente”. Drain the pasta and reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking water.
- 8. Immediately transfer the spaghetti to the sauce and some splashes of the reserved pasta water to add moisture if needed. Cook, stirring gently over medium heat, about 3 minutes, until heated through.
- 9. Garnish platter with parsley and the lemon wedges. Serve immediately.