Garlicky grilled squid stuffed with feta cheese
Published on April 7, 2015 | By Not just olive oil |
- Difficulty Level Advanced
- 8 large whole calamari (squid)
- Sheep’s milk feta cheese, sliced in 8 finger length sticks.
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and mashed
- 8 fresh marjoram leaves, chopped
- Sea salt, freshly ground pepper
- Lemon slices
- 1. Wash the squid carefully, inside out, taking care not to tear through the sides.
- 2. Place them on a shallow pan side by side, place the feta in between the squid.
- 3. Prepare the marinade: In a bowl whisk the oil, garlic, marjoram, salt and pepper.
- 4. Add the marinade to the pan and place in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours and turn at least one time.
- 5. When ready to grill, stuff the squid with the feta. The legs can be pinned on a skewer. Brush the grill with very little oil.
- 6. Preheat the grill to low. Cook the stuffed squid for 6 minutes and then turn over very carefully and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- 7. Grill the skewered legs for about 2 minutes on each side or until tips are slightly charred.
- 8. Place on a platter with the lemon wedges.
- 9. Serve with a large fresh mixed lettuce/radicchio salad and a nice cool Zinfandel wine.