Artichokes stuffed with shrimp vegetable salad
Published on November 12, 2014 | By Not just olive oil |
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 8 fresh artichokes
- ½ tsp salt
- Juice of one lemon
- 200g/ ½ lb. small shrimp, de-shelled and boiled
- 2 potatoes, cooked and cut in small cubes
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped in small pieces
- 1 tbsp. capers, preferably soaked in water for 30 minutes prior to use
- 3 tbsp. organic mayonnaise mixed with 3 tbsp. of natural Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- Sea salt, freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Carefully cut off the artichoke tops horizontally and remove the tough outer leaves.
- 2. Cut out the center of the artichoke to form a cup.
- 3. Rub all over with salt and the lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
- 4. Place in a pot with water just enough to cover the artichokes. Add 1/2 tsp salt.
- 5. Cook the artichokes for about 15-20 minutes or until tender. (Test with a fork if in doubt.)
- 6. In a large bowl, add the cooked shrimp, cubed & cooked potatoes, peeled & chopped tomatoes and capers. Toss well with a large spoon. Add sea salt to taste.
- 7. Add the mayonnaise/yogurt sauce. Gently mix, just enough to evenly coat all ingredients.
- 8. Strain artichokes and fill each with the shrimp salad.
- 9. Sprinkle with a little fresh dill and freshly ground black pepper.
- 10. Serve with hardboiled eggs and your favorite olives.